Monday, January 14, 2008
Frustrating Dental Process
To catch everyone up to date: I finally went to the dentist last week for the first time in three years. Due to not having insurance coverage, or enough money, time, etc. Not a good idea!! Anyways, they took xrays last week and found that I had about 6 cavities, one of which was very serious and that I needed a deep cleaning. A little bit of a blow to my self confidence. I scheduled an appointment for today to what I thought would be to take care of the major cavity first. Well all that happened is some numbing medicine, drilling, assessment of the damage to the tooth, another xray, a temporary filling and a referral to an endodontist for a root canal. My suggestion to others is first take care of your teeth really well and second make sure your dentist does root canals as well as fillings so you don't have to pay two different dentist. I have an appointment for the cleaning next week and I am waiting for the endodontist to return my call for an appointment. To top it all off our insurance is one where you pay up front and then get reimbursed. Not cool seeing as we only have a limited amount of savings and paycheck money. I was going to come home this weekend for a haircut and our churches new building grand opening but now after hearing more about the cost of this stuff I am cancelling the trip and I am pray that the reimbursement of dental stuff comes quickly. This makes me ill because I was really looking forward to my haircut and experiencing the new church building/ being back at our church. Not asking for any sympathy just some prayer and supportive words b/c right now is really hard for me. We are also still waiting for the sale of my car to go through and for Ron to meet with the person from the company he is trying to get a job with. We are in limbo in every way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry Moosch, I know it can't be easy for you guys. Not having insurance is a bummer. Now that you finally do, I hope things get easier. I will pray for you to have peace over not being able to go home for your important church function. Love to all, Auntie
I'm sorry. I do understand those unexpected expenses. I will be praying that all comes though quickly. I'm sorry you will be missing the time at home too. I do remember how hard those times of limbo are. Hopefully everything will come together as you want. If not, try to remember that God is in control.
Post a Comment