SEEK GOD!!
Seriously, it's the most amazing feeling when you realize he made you to be who you are and do what you are doing. I've been reading up a storm lately. Diving into devotions, encouraging blogs and pouring into my real friends lives.
I'm by no means perfect, nor does everyday go just as I planned it. But I find comfort in knowing that God sees the big plan for my life. And as long as I seek Him first, he will guide my steps.
I have finally pushed myself to stay awake once I get the boys off to bed instead of trying to get 30 more minutes of sleep. I spend whatever of that time that I can before the girls wake up to read my devotion and do my 1st/10 list. My 1st and 10 list is something one of our pastors mentioned this past Sunday. During his quiet time he makes a list of 10 things he is thankful for to help start his day off on a positive note. He stated it in the 1st and 10 manner because his family is big into football and this helps him remember to do it. I loved the idea so much that like I said I have started doing it. I may not remember to do it everyday, but I sure hope it becomes a habit!
Ron and I have also made a new habit to pray with each other at night before we go to bed. This was also something our pastor talked about. He talked about how he had to push through the fear of what his wife would think about him if he grabbed her hand and asked her if he could pray for her. Since Ron usually likes to get to bed before me we haven't done it every night. But the nights we have done it so far have been awesome! I love hearing the love of my life pray with such passion. Like he is talking to an old friend. It inspires me to pray with passion as well!
Lots of thoughts flow through my head daily that since leaving facebook I'm not instantly able to share. To some extent it saddens me not to be able to instantly share my life with friends. But on the other hand, not everything that goes through my head or on in my day needs to be instantly shared. I really believe that in the long run this will be a good change for me. I've already committed to dive into my real friendships and push through to making this an improvement.
I love what my friend Tebor shared with me in one of her recent Devotions. She saw that I was leaving Facebook and this devo caught her attention in relation to my leaving facebook post. She to has had to step away from facebook for awhile and now limits her time on facebook.
"Be happy no matter where you are. Everything you have walked through has been preparation. Know that it takes time to build a character that is strong and stable. You have many gifts and talents, but it is your character that will take precedence over any job, ministry, or friendship. Do not despise the correction or instruction from Me that will strengthen you foundation and bring healing. Everything I do and everything I ask you to do is for a purpose. Trust in the course corrections. You have come a long way and I AM so proud of you."
Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Proverbs 8:33
Surround yourself with those who you want to be like!
I also loved this prayer for mothers:
"Lord,
Help me to be the mother you have created me to be and teach me to trust that you will guide me in the amazing journey ahead."
So if there is something you are needing to change.....BE BRAVE and seek wise counsel to make the change you need to BE YOU BRAVELY!
That's all I have for this post! I hope to share some Christmas event photos and such soon~
Krischa~
1 comment:
Love this, thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment