Oh dear where do I start the story of my strong willed, independant, trouble making child.......any guesses as to whom I'm talking about?????? Preston has decided the last couple of days to get in trouble while in the child care at the gym. He has now been "written up" twice for hitting a little girl with a toy. The first day (yesterday) I just simply felt embarassed when I had to sign the "incident report". But then as the day went on and the more I thought about what might have caused him to do that it made me mad, frustrated and more emotional. I tried as best I could to have a talk with a two year old about being nice and not hitting other people, but you know how those conversations go.
Me: Preston, you need to be nice, ok.
Preston: Yeah
Me: We don't hit people ok, Preston?
Preston: Yeah
Me: Are you going to be a nice boy and not hit?
Preston: Yeah
See what I mean, not very produce nor reasurring that he understands. Then he did it again today and I had to sign another "incident report"- same little girl. I asked if maybe she did something to provoke him to hit her and they replied with " no she is a shy, timid little girl and was just sitting down watching the movie and Preston came up to her and hit her". This time I left feeling even more embarassed and peeved off. Peeved at the gym, peeved at my son, and peeved at myself. Have I done something in raising Preston to make him do mean uncalled for things? Is he normal is acting out at this age and it will pass? Can I do anything different? Then the anger and thoughts of ---what if he gets in trouble so much that they don't let him come anymore. Then I would be limited to going to work out at times when Ron could watch them, which would be during dinner and after and would take away from our family time. It is all so frustrating. It is in these moments that I begin to question myself and my abilities to raise a well balance, polite, sweet, kind hearted, honest, God fearing boy/man. I will spend many hours on my knees praying for God's wisdom and guidance as will all you(my family and friends) because without it. I don't know how things would go. So please pray for my and the boys as we learn to work better with each other and allow me to teach them right from wrong in a Godly manner.
1 comment:
Oh how I understand your questions. Let me just affirm that you are a wonderful mom. No, Preston can't continue to hit all the time, but he will learn. I will pray for your guidance as I pray for my own. I know God will guide both of us.
Post a Comment