Wednesday, November 4, 2009

4 years ago today my life changed for the better.....

at 11:01 and 11:02 am on a Friday, I became a mom of two precious little boys! They melted my heart from the first moment I saw them and heard their cries. Who knew those two little babies growing inside of me for the past 9 months could bring me such joy so quickly?! They have been so different from day one and I love that about them. They have brought me such pride, tears, laughter, joy, embarrassment and challenge. I wouldn't change it though. We tried for two long years to have them and they are well worth the wait. They are at the age were I think I can honestly say "Stop growing up and just stay!" Their personalities are really starting to form and they say the cutest/funniest things.

Landon-
My sweet oldest son! I love you to pieces! You were my chunky monkey as a baby! The amount of rolls you had were so precious. Your smile made me smile every time and it still does. You were a good baby and a happy one. You always slept so well and ate so fast! You walked first and talked first, but your brother beat you out at getting teeth first and faster. You are most definitely the typical oldest child. Potty training with you was extremely easy! You were potty trained by 2 1/2 and did it in just 2 weeks. You are such a bright boy. I crack up at you all the time because you say some funny things and you think you are really funny too. My great helper, a kind soul, a polite boy(most of the time, you have your moments still) and a great big brother! You are definitely daddy's boy! Oh and I just love that you still have your blonde hair and blue eyes! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you my son!


Preston-
My Peanut! You are so very precious! An extra gift from God. I think God was about to just send us your brother but then took a second and sent you too! I am so thankful for the extra blessing of you! You have been a wild one since week 15 in my belly when we watched you on the ultrasound screen while you did summersaults! You were a bit colicky in the beginning which caused some challenge. Your smile, well let's just say "it's the best"! Your laugh is contagious and makes me giggle. I always want to tickle you more just so I can hear you laugh. You are my boy and there is no denying it! You are at a point right now where you obviously love mommy more than daddy(and I secretly love it)!! Although I thought you were just like your daddy in the beginning I have now come to realize(and accept) that you are just like me. In some ways that is good and in others....well, it may cause us to go head to head later! You have finally started talking so much lately and I am glad to hear it. I love you Preston!


My two boys are a blessing and although I would like to have another(or two). I am reminded daily of how blessed I am to be a mother! Happy 4th Birthday on this 4th day of November boys! I hope it is a fantastic day for you. Never forget how much you are loved and wanted. May God one day come into your heart and make you great men!

No comments: