Monday, September 10, 2007
Sleepless in Mt Pleasant
Ahh, the life with two two year olds.... you'd think they would sleep good now and that we (as their parents) would get some rest also. I mean I thought the sleepless nights were when they were just babies and that as they got older they slept better with MAYBE an occasional bad night because they were sick or teething. Well we are going on a bad month of sleeping. Like last night for instance. Preston woke up about midnight, Ron and I had just gotten into bed after watching a couple movies and were starting to drift off to sleep. Nowadays when Preston wakes up crying, he usually wakes Landon up also. Sometimes I can easily calm Landon back down and I am able to then just deal with Preston. Oh but last night was a different story. They both decided they needed me and were wide awake. I remember the overwhelming feeling of trying to feed, change and put them back in their beds when they were little babies, but that is nothing compared to two two year old each weighing about 30lbs. They consume my whole upper body now where they use to fit on my upper chest area. Wow how quickly they grow. But anyways back to last night. I tried to calm Landon down while I calmed Preston, but when that didn't work I took Landon to bed with Ron and went to the couch with Preston. Landon of course went right to sleep with daddy, were as Preston layed down for awhile but then he wanted to talk. He wanted to talk about the light, bubba, daddy, mommy and I just kept telling him to go to sleep. He needed to go night night and that bubba and daddy were night night. Umm yeah, that didn't work. So I eventually just put him back to bed with a stern "go to bed". He cried for a little and then fell asleep. I got back in our bed (just a full size bed which Ron and I already fight over for space in) with an additional little body in it. He woke up when Ron moved him in between us so he wouldn't fall off the bed, so he decided that he would like to play with mommy. He started touching me with his fingers and slightly scratching me on my back(since I had to lay on my side to fit more comfortably). So at 2 am I decided he was going back to his bed and he would just have to deal with it. I took him to his bed and told him to go to sleep. He cried for just a moment then became silent. I didn't hear from them again until 9:30 this morning. But what I did hear from was 6am a trash truck in our parking lot, 8:30 what sounded like another trash truck or some other noisy truck and then again at 9:30 a trash truck. Oh man am I tired! So is Ron I'm sure. We don't have any room in this apartment to put them in separate rooms. At home I could put them in separate rooms or put Preston in the basement(nah I'm just kidding-not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind at 2am in the morning). Oh the joys of this period of life, but as the saying goes "This too shall pass".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment