Monday, March 10, 2008

Preston's "Man" Surgery

To all our readers out there,
Preston's surgery went well!!! He is now a full man as Ron says. It was an early morning and a long day at that. I knew it would be hard to let them put my baby to sleep but nothing can prepare you for it. As soon as I walked into the surgery room with him I felt myself start to slowly loose it, but I kept my composure for Preston. Until he was fighting the anesthesia and started acting weird and then fell asleep, once that happened I lost it. I left that surgery room carrying his blanket crying with a nurse patting me on the back telling me I did good and that he would be alright. You want to believe them, that he's going to be alright but you are so scared and all you want is for that little boy to be back in your arms. In that moment what you wouldn't give for him to be making a mess and driving you nuts instead. Thank goodness for God and the support of my husband at that moment because I don't know what I would have done. Thanks also to my mom for watching Landon, Aunt Dawn for coming to see us in the hospital recovery room and a big thank you to all who were praying for our peanut!!! Here are so pics from the hospital..........





Playing peek a boo in the waiting room

me and preston playing with my goofy surgery hat on

Preston tip toe-ing around, so funny and look at the gown(notice the cute bottom/diaper)

Here we are finishing our recovery and still trying to fully wake up. I wasn't prepared for what emotions came over me when I held his hand as they put him to sleep and I surely wasn't prepared for how he came out of being put to sleep. He was like another child- a scary one. They don't quite prepare you for that and I really wish they had told me before hand how he could act. I know sometimes some things you don't really want to know and are better left not told before they happen but this would be one time I didn't agree with that notion. Anyways, we will stay in GA for the week to recover and get some stuff done that needs doing. We will keep everyone updated on Preston and the rest of our lives. Preston will go back to the doctor in three to four weeks for a post surgery check up. I am glad it is done and over and I never want to have to do that again. I love you my little boy, your funny little quirks and all!!!!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I am so sorry you had to endure that. I was praying for him and you. I am glad to hear it is over. You brought tears to my eyes as I imagined the emotional turmoil you must have felt. Good job Mom. Thank you Jesus for your emotional support.

Anonymous said...

Moosch,
I know what you went thru. Amy had surgery when she was 2 and it was heart wrenching to let them take her away into surgery. I was an emotional mess, crying etc. You're a great mama and the boys are lucky to have you - Ron too! Glad it's over for you all. Love to all, Auntie Sandy