-we slept in big boy beds, well actually my old twin mattresses put on the ground. But hey they did really well with staying in their beds.
-made lots of messes, such as climbing in the pantry and helping ourselves to salt and McQueen snacks. The "mess" below is stickers nay nay brought over that we (the boys) decided to put all over everything. The couch being only one of the many places! Thanks nay nay. Just kidding.
-played at our favorite Bay Creek park
-went to our amazing church that we miss so much http://www.12stone.com/
-played with papa(aka my mom- don't know why but that's what they've started calling her)
-Little Peanut had his man surgery and is recovering well
-mom(that be me) had a root canal done. woohoo!
-paid the county for our tag, then went and got a Starbucks, played in the mall playground and ate at Chick fil A
-Daddy(aka Ron) mowed our "6 inch or higher" weeds so we wouldn't get another letter from the homeowners association. Ha ha, I just love those letters. We've only gotten one or two other and they have been when we were "renovating" the back yard and one for still having bare dirt showing when we were in the beginning of the water shortage. Yeah like I'm going to water some new grass to appease the HOA and get fined by the county. Not going to happen.
-washed mommy's van and cleaned the outside. I must say that just because it's a mommy mobile doesn't mean it has to look like the typical one does- you know with crumbs, french fries and clothes falling out when you open the doors. Then it rain the next day!
-talked to our neighbors who we have greatly missed and caught up on the chit chat
-cleaned the house
-played with nay nay and ate lunch with her before we headed back down to Florida after the boys nap.
We surprised daddy when he called us late at night and he said he would see us tomorrow(sat) and I said nope you'll see us in about 45min. He was very excited to hear that and was home shortly after we got here. Oh and if you have time to continue reading I will tell you about my trip back down here that was filled with obstacles on the road and off the road.
First, we didn't leave our house in Ga till just before 5pm. Those of you who have lived in Ga know what that means... traffic and lots of it. So in the beginning of our drive we went slow, very slow, in fact my odometer said I was going 0mph at some points. Ha! Then we hit more traffic because of road construction in which three lanes went down to one and then back to two or three. Shortly after that I saw what appeared to be something flat in the road in my lane, but when I came closer to it(to close to avoid it fully) I realized it was a big square piece of wood. So obviously I ran over it and cringed as I thought surely I would feel my tire pop and go flat. Which would have been interesting seeing as I don't know how to change one! So I promptly pulled off the road to check my car. I pulled into a Waffle House parking lot and took a look. I didn't notice anything so I decided to get together some stuff we had in the car to give the boys for dinner. While I was doing this my elbow hit the door lock on the passenger side door. I then decided I needed to look elsewhere in the car for something to put crackers in for the boys, so I left that door/ side of the car and when I did......... you guessed it the door shut and I had successfully locked myself out of the car and my kids in the car about two hours away from home in Ga and three hours away from Ron and the spare key! All I could do was laugh in frustration. Some redneck men saw me try to open my car and watch as I realized what I had done, so when they saw me come walking toward the Waffle House one of them handed me his cell phone. Who say chivalry has died?!! I didn't know who to call so he helped and then I got passed from one person to the next while these two men and one fire fighter guy tried to jimmy my door unlock. Then a man(who had the message of my distress forwarded on to him from the police depart I talked to) arrived with a real jimmy system and unlocked my door for what was suppose to cost me $40 but all I had was $31 and he said that was fine. Then I got back in my car tooted my horn at the redneck guys who had tried to help me who were now eating inside and I drove off. So needless to say when Costco opens my van will need to be realigned or balanced and I will be installing a hide a key shortly. Oh the joys of travel and the unexpected! But hey we are here safely and all back together again. I will have to go back up in a couple weeks to finish my dental work and for P's post surgery appt, but hopefully I won't have any unexpected happenings!
1 comment:
Sorry about your frusterating drive home. I'm glad you are back with Ron. I know it must be hard to be separated.
Post a Comment